Overview of needle software
BMERC : Index of needle
software : needle tools
The "needle tools" suite is a set of programs associated
with the needle protein threading
program. The documentation is divided broadly into the four main
sections described below. The main page for each section consists
mostly of a detailed table of contents for everything documented in the
section. See also the comprehensive table of
contents page, which has the detailed contents of everything.
Other pages of particular interest:
- Introduction to needle tools
- Contains overview and "how-to" material, with examples.
- needle tools program
- Describes the individual programs, in a format similar to Unix
- File formats
- Documents the file formats used by these programs, with special
emphasis on locally-developed file formats.
- Contains the BMERC Glossary, installation instructions, and change history.
- General information about needle
- Every user of the needle tools suite should read this
- Comprehensive table of contents
- Contains the detailed contents of everything. [This is the
closest thing to a searchable index, alas. -- rgr, 26-Nov-99.]
- BMERC Glossary
- Contains terms used in these documentation pages that may be
unfamiliar to some users.
- Needle tools installation
- Contains instructions on how to obtain and install this software.
- needle tools perl
- Documents internal subroutines in needle tools perl
scripts. Not for the faint of heart.
Overview table of contents
Each of these entries constitutes its own page, with detailed
tables of contents on everything logically contained within it. (The
top-level pages are mostly just the table of contents.) The comprehensive table of contents includes
all levels in the section nesting hierarchy.
Last modified: Mon May 1 20:54:36 EDT 2000